Saturday, August 1, 2015

At the moment, I'm really focusing on three things: (1) adding useful/readworthy content to this blog, (2) writing my first high fantasy series; and (3) figuring out a way to reach a bigger audience for my children's stories/books.
To start with, on adding content to this blog, I've listed quite a few works that inspired me and I'm really excited to share them with you. To name a few...let's say The Life of Jesus, stories from The Bible, Hayao Miyazaki's works, the Chronicles of Narnia, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Long Kiss Goodnight, Pride and Prejudice, Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Nodame Cantabile, Warcraft, Itazura Na Kiss and so on. My approach would be to simply share how they inspired me and how they help shape my craft; and hopefully convince you to watch or read/read about them.
About writing my first high fantasy series, I didn't realize, until after I started writing, the sheer importance of being able to fully imagine the world you're creating. I mean how can you paint pictures of it when you're undecided on how it looks. To this end, I am currently doing lengthy research on weapons, historical eras, fashion, people, animals and so on. I'll try to share some that could be relevant to aspiring writers out there. Perhaps, I'll focus on one topic at a time, so it won't be too lengthy. I'm still deciding on whether a video or plain pages with photos would be most useful. We'll see as we go along. I'll probably start with "fashion from the Middle Ages" or "mining towns in the US during the Gold Rush Era". We shall see.
Finally, about reaching a bigger audience for my children's books, I've decided to share them freely. Writing stories then not having them read is the worst nightmare for any author. (Allow me the privilege of calling myself that :p... albeit, I know I am still a long way off.) I am still praying for the right media/mechanism to share them at no cost to readers and educators, while making some money on the side. I mean Helena does have to eat :P. If you have any ideas, please do share them with me. :)
Meanwhile, please enjoy this lovely quote:



Reblogged
Original Blog from: +WordPress 
Thanks all for reading: http://wp.me/p65v4v-r 

No comments:

Post a Comment